Trappeto



Trappeto lies in the western part of the island, over the route of Phoenicians, in the sea where Ulixes ventured out, among tunny fishing nets, islands and coral-reef. Dating back to the XV century, it took its name from the ancient "Trappetum Cannamelarum" a factory built in 1480 to extract and refine cane sugar, activity replaced in the following centuries by the production of olive oil. The first houses were mainly of fishermen, all around the Chiesa dell'Annunziata (Church of the Annunciation) (1680.


Set on the border between the provinces of Palermo and Trapani, Trappeto offers the visitors unforgettable sceneries, from the warm and sunny sandy beaches to the shores dropping to the sea, through suggestive itineraries rich in archeological and natural beauties, in the typical mediterranean climate of the island, which holds the record of sun in Europe.